On Monday, November 13, 2017, Norton Rose Fulbright’s New York office was pleased to host an international roundtable on best practices for brand protection.
Moderated by Linda Merritt of our Dallas office, the event featured presentations by:
- Georgina Hey, Sydney
- Clare Jackman, London
- Karen MacDonald, Vancouver
- Daniel Marschollek, Frankfurt / Munich
The roundtable brought together leading brand protection lawyers from around the world who provided candid insights and strategic solutions on numerous issues of global concern, including:
- tips and tactics for securing brand protection around the world, including trademarks, design rights and customs recordals;
- enforcement and the fight against counterfeits in a variety of jurisdictions;
- recent successes and legal developments of importance for brand owners;
- the implications of Brexit on trademark rights; and
- parallel imports and the different national approaches to exhaustion.
It was also a great opportunity for our clients and colleagues to participate in an interactive discussion and share experiences on these important issues.